Weekend Recap

aug 31 | Weekend Recap

Well yet another weekend has flown by and this one was the last one in August! I can't believe its going to be September already, where is the time going?

At least the weather is still summer weather and it was absolutely perfect for spending some time outside.

On Saturday the guy and I drove out to Niagara-on-the-Lake just after lunch and managed to squeeze in a couple of wineries before closing.

First stop was Trius Hillebrand, one of my favourites, where I did a flight of white and he covered off the reds.





Since it was his first time at this winery I insisted we walk around a little so he could see grounds and take in the amazing views. While we were wandering, he noticed a couple of picnic benches off to the side and suggested we head over to check it out. To our welcomed surprise they had a grill going, so we ordered up a couple of pulled pork sliders and hung out amongst the vines for a while.










Once we finished we headed off down the road, literally, to Jackson Triggs where the tasting room was absolutely nuts. Instead of being squished in with everyone else, we opted to buy a glass and sit out on the patio were we proceeded to order even more food, and just enjoy a great conversation.




Once we finished up at the vineyards we headed home, with a stop in Hamilton to visit with some of his friends and have dinner, (More food!). By the time we rolled up at home it was after midnight and I was beyond exhausted. Wine, sun and long drives really do this girl in.

Sunday morning my mom and I hit the salon for some pedicures and girl time. When we were finished we went by Carters Osh kosh so she could pick up a few more things to add to her already over flowing suitcase of goodies to take my cousins in Portugal next month.

After shopping I was ready to lay back and do nothing, so I grabbed my kobo and headed out to the back yard to enjoy.



Savouring the last bit of summer, we threw a couple of chops and steaks on the grill and enjoyed dinner on the deck, complete with candles as the sun went down.

Hope you all got out to enjoy the last August weekend!

xo,
        Taryn


No comments:

Post a Comment