Work/Life Balance

aug 18 | Work/Life Balance

I missed getting my weekend recap up on the blog because 1. I had to work late and 2. besides a brief break Saturday evening for an early birthday celebration my parents and sister threw me (more about that in another post), I spent my weekend, working. So overall, nothing really worth sharing, but it did give me the idea for this post!





For the most part, my job isn't demanding of my personal time. However, there are exceptions to this rule and this past weekend was just that. I have in the past been forced to forgo the gym, stay up until all hours and even worked the occasional weekend. I don't generally mind though, I have a great team and my company has set up a nice little trade off for me, allowing me to take time in lieu.


However, this isn't always ideal and I often find myself looking for a better work/life balance. This was definitely the case a few months back and ended up with me taking a week off just before our fiscal year end to reset my batteries.


I find that in order for me to be able to give 110% at work I need to be able to have time for me outside of work.


I have been making it a priority to detach myself from my job once I walk out the door at the end of my day and leaving non-pressing issues until the mornings (to-do lists help a lot)!


It is still a work in progress and although I make time to focus on me and the other aspects of my life there will be times when you just can't avoid the inevitable.



xo,
         Taryn

No comments:

Post a Comment