Birthday Celebrations

aug 26 | Birthday Celebrations




If the photo of the absurdly large 30 didn't already give it away, I recently celebrated a rather large milestone. My birthday was last week and I have successfully avoided writing this post until now, as I have sort of been living in denial. It is hard to believe I am no longer a twenty something!

To help ease me into this next chapter of my life my family and friends spent nearly a week celebrating with me.

The festivities started the weekend before my actual birthday when my parents and sister threw what was supposed to be a surprise party, with all my family and some close friends. Even though I knew what was happening they still managed to sneak in a few unexpected things, including those balloons, and a cupcake tower!

I haven't had a real get together for my birthday in a few years, so it was extra sweet to have them take the time to organize everything.




On my actual birthday we kept things a low key with a dinner out at a nearby sushi place and cake and champagne at home afterwards. It was the perfect way to celebrate, intimate and with bubbly!




To round out the week, the amazing group of girls I work with took me for a drink at a little wine bar around the corner from our office. We toasted my birthday and how lucky I am to have them in my life to share this milestone with.

All in all, despite not being completely ready to accept that I am now starting a new chapter in my life, I couldn't have asked for a better way to kick it off. There are a lot of things I will miss about being a twenty something, but at the same time there are a lot of things to look forward to in my thirties.

I may not be exactly where I thought I would, and there are a lot of things I still have left to accomplish. But I know that I am the rule, not the exception, and those things I thought I needed to have figured out, I don't. Everything will fall into place when they are supposed to. I just need to look at how far I have come and how far I still have to go. I am thankful for what I have and the love I get to share with the amazing individuals in my life.

And as one of my friends said to me in one of my pre-birthday freak outs, relax, you're only one day older!

xo
         Taryn


No comments:

Post a Comment