Weekend Recap



aug 10 | Weekend Recap

Don’t you love those weekends where you strike the perfect balance between busy and relaxing? This weekend was just that.

After a great workout Saturday morning (where one of my instructors made it his mission to render my arms incapable of even lifting a fork), I proceeded to head home where a bathroom cleaning that had been put off all week could no longer wait. So with all the energy left in already exhausted arms, I scoured away until everything from the mirrors to the toilet bowl sparkled.

To reward all my hard work, I decided to plop down in front of the computer to watch a movie. This glorious plan of mine didn’t last long. I was soon driving myself over to the trailhead not far from my house for an afternoon hike with the guy.



I have always loved wandering the trails and since Saturday went from overcast to blue skies and sunny, it made the hike even that much better.





After playing on trails, I settled in for a movie night with the guy and a pint of Häagen Dazs (bless his sweet soul for picking this up). We ended up watching this interesting documentary called Detropia, which looked at the decline of the Detroit economy due to changes in the auto industry and the impact that it has had on the residence of the city. If you’re into documentaries it is up on Netflix, I recommend it.

Sunday morning we decided to go out for a drive and ended up cruising all over the city checking out different neighborhoods and falling in love with some of the most incredible homes.

On our way back we decided to stop for some food and found ourselves at this cute little brunch and espresso bar called Ashdales in Lesliville



They made these delicious avocado eggs beni and the best home fries!



After getting home I felt the urge to bake so I decided to try out a Caramel Butter Bar recipe I found on Pinterest, emphasis on the butter!



They turned out pretty well, but a little much for my taste. At least they were a hit with the ladies at work today!

Hope you all had a great weekend!

xo,
       Taryn

No comments:

Post a Comment